This policy applies to the Elders Group of businesses.
Elders Group – includes:
- Elders Limited (ACN 004 336 636) and its wholly owned subsidiaries. These subsidiaries include, but are not limited to, Elders Rural Services Australia Limited (ACN 004 045 121) and its franchisees, Elders Forestry Pty Limited (ACN 069 762 634), Killara Feedlot Pty Limited (ACN 081 072 746), Charlton Feedlot Pty Limited (ACN 073 496 625) and Futuris Automotive Group Limited (ACN 005 981 984);
- Joint ventures and service partners of Elders Limited or its wholly owned subsidiaries, for whom Elders distributes products or services to clients as part of its general service offering and/or to whom Elders is required to provide Personal Information in order for them to manage those products or services for you. Joint ventures and service partners of Elders include, but are not limited to, Alfred C Toepfer International (Australia) Pty Limited (ACN 126 806 979), Rural Bank Limited (ACN 083 938 416), Elders Insurance Limited (ACN 081 106 505), Elders Insurance (Underwriting Agency) Pty Limited (ACN 138 879 026) and its franchisees, Elders Financial Planning Pty Limited (ACN 007 997 186) and its franchisees, Elders Home Loans Pty Limited (ACN 118 064 654) and its franchisees, and B&W Rural Pty Limited (ACN 068 943 528).
Personal information - information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information – includes information or an opinion about, amongst other things, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; or religious beliefs or affiliations; or philosophical beliefs; or sexual orientation or practices; or criminal record; or health information.
NPP 1 and NPP 10 – Collection
- Elders collects personal information which is reasonably necessary to:
- advertise, promote and provide you with products or services distributed by Elders
- consider account and credit applications
- maintain your contact details
- process transactions to which you are a party
- *improve our website
*When you visit our website our Internet Service Provider records the following information:
- Your IP Address
- The date and time of your visit
- The duration of your visit
- The number of pages you have downloaded
- The type of browser you use
This information is used to improve our website.
NPP 2 – Use and disclosure
Elders will only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or a related purpose which would reasonably be expected or otherwise with your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide information about products, services, promotions and campaigns which we expect may be of interest to you.
Elders may also use your information to do one or more of the following:
- assess an application for credit;
- open a credit account for you;
- maintain your account;
- process transactions on your behalf;
- notify you of any products or services distributed by Elders that may be of interest to you (including products or services offered by our joint ventures and service partners that are part of the Elders Group);
- update your personal files;
- register any security interest Elders may have in connection with your credit account on the Personal Property Securities Register or another security register;
- enable us to meet our obligations under certain laws or under subpoenas or warrants that are served on us;
- any purpose for which the information was requested and any directly related purpose;
- developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
To enable us to assess an application for credit or provide you with information about our products and services we may disclose your personal information to credit reporting agencies and other third parties such as mailing houses, electronic network administrators or other companies within the Elders Group. The information we may disclose for credit reporting purposes includes, amongst other things:
- the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount
- the fact that a member of the Elders Group is a credit provider to you
- payments which become overdue and debt collection action has started
We may also use your personal information to:
- obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal information about you in relation to consumer or commercial credit provided by a member of the Elders Group;
- obtain a report containing information about your commercial activities or creditworthiness from a business which provides information about the creditworthiness of a person; and.
- obtain a report from a credit reporting agency and other information in relation to your consumer or commercial credit activities.
Some Elders Group companies have credit applications which contain privacy declaration and consent forms in connection with credit provided by the Elders Group. Those applications contain additional provisions relating to the use of information in connection with the application for credit.
The information we may disclose when using mailing houses to assist us provide information about our products and services to you will be limited to your contact details.
NPP 3 – Data quality and NPP 4 – Data security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
NPP 5 – Openness
Elders will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally and upon request, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
NPP 6 – Access and correction
You are entitled to request access to personal information held by us about you and to ask us to correct this information where you believe the information is incorrect or out of date.
To do this please contact the Elders privacy officer using the contact details below and you will be advised of our procedures for accessing and correcting personal information. Elders will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge you the reasonable costs associated with making the personal information available to you eg postage, photocopying.
There are some circumstances such as emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests where access to your personal information may be denied. In these circumstances we will provide you with a written explanation detailing the reasons for denying your request.
NPP 7 – Identifiers
Elders will not adopt, use or disclose a Commonwealth Government identifier unless particular circumstances apply that would allow us to do so.
NPP 8 – Anonymity
Elders allows its customers to transact with it anonymously wherever that is reasonable and practicable.
NPP 9 – Transborder data flows
Elders will only transfer personal information about an individual to someone (other than a member of the Elders Group or the individual) who is in a foreign country if we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law substantially similar to the
National Privacy Principles or the transfer is for the benefit of the individual or the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the individual and the organisation.
ELDERS PRIVACY OFFICER CONTACT DETAILS
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 1300 555 927